Valentine’s day is coming up! This year, your partner might expect more than flowers from Kroger and a movie in your Columbus apartment. Chances are, you want to make things special for them this year instead of visiting the same old haunts.
Fear not, because we have quite the list of unique Valentine’s Day happenings that are just a short drive from apartments in Columbus. Whether you’re looking for live music, an activity for the family, or an unconventional experience — we got you covered.
Couples Who Play Together, Stay Together
Kingmakers is a great place for an intimate game night! Bring your sweetheart, the whole family, or get several of your favorite couples together for some fun and games. The staff at Kingmakers will find the perfect game for your group. The best part? Kingmakers is just a short walk away from our apartments in the Short North!
- Valentine’s Day with Kingmakers: Reservations are $15 per player and include the Library Fee, a champagne toast, a Valentine’s Day themed cookie from Rogue Bakery and entry into a raffle with a fun board game and local prizes! Reservations guarantee 2 hours and can be made for 5-7pm, 7:30-9:30pm, or 10pm – close.
Family Friendly Valentine’s Day Adventures
If you are hanging with the kiddos, make a stop at Skate Zone 71! They have 2 events going on for Valentine’s Day so whether you are looking for entertainment during the day or in the evening, they have you covered!
- Rockin’ Your Red Valentine Skate 1:30-4pm: Wear red for free admission!
- Troll’s Valentine Pizza Skate 7-10pm: $10 admission includes skate rental and unlimited pizza until 9:30pm!
Get Outta This World
For an out-of-this-world fantasy escapade, take your valentine to Otherworld. Immerse yourself in a mixed-reality art experience where simply walking through a doorway can put you in a different dimension. This is a fantastic choice for all of you up-all-nighters!
- Chromeo – Valentine’s Day at Otherworld 10:30pm-2:30am: Dance to the DJ magic of Chromeo while wandering around the sci-fi playground of Otherworld! The cheaper tiers are already sold out, but there are still $31 admission tickets available. Get em’ while you can!
Get Crafty With Your Love
If you’re a couple that loves to craft and you want to check out a unique newly opened DIY project bar and event space that just opened on Feb 2nd, then Makers Social is the perfect Valentine’s Day date night for you. Boasting the tagline Hammers + Nails + Cocktails, you can make anything from jewelry or leather flasks, to photo coasters or bandanas for your pet – all while sipping on a Moscow Tool or other craft-themed cocktails.
- Makers Social Reservations for Valentine’s Day: Groups of 4 or more are required to make a 100% free reservation to guarantee a seat. Larger groups may require a refundable deposit. Email email@example.com for reservations.
Check Out Some Local Live Music
Columbus has a thriving live music scene. If you’re interested in listening to local talent, Valentine’s Day is the perfect excuse to tap your feet to local jams you’re bound to love.
- Sumbuck, Sam Filliatreau, and Gliders at Ace of Cups: The amazing Columbus folk trio, CAAMP, has quickly become nationally recognized. They were recently featured on Jimmy Kimmel back in October. Sumbuck is the solo project of Taylor Meier – one of CAAMP’s founding members. The talented opening bands (which includes the Gliders, a duo version of The Cordial Sins), make a sweet lineup for a Valentine’s date night. If you are hungry after the show, walk across the street to grab some Mikey’s Late Night Slice!
October Ember at Rambling House: This duo will make you swoon while transporting you to a dreamy indie-lounge with an undercurrent of playful folk flair. The Rambling House, an intimate cocktail bar with delicious drinks mixed with their house-made soda, is a great place for a laid-back Valentine’s evening with your sweetheart. Give their Relentless Mule cocktail a try!
Dinner & A Show
Whether you’re going out for dinner or dining in, we have your Valentine’s evening entertainment figured. Check out the list below for a Valentine’s Date your sweetheart won’t soon forget.
- BalletMet’s production of Alice at the Ohio Theatre 8pm: This new ballet transports viewers to the mind of Lewis Carol as you follow dancers down a rabbit hole. The jaw-dropping costumes and the stunning Ohio Theatre alone are worth the reasonable ticket price of $30-64.
- QUEERBOMB: Valentine’s Gay Formal at Two Truths: A formal evening at the stylish Two Truths cocktail bar. Need we say more? Featuring DJ Faye Way and hotspots by an all POC cast, this is a perfect after-dinner jaunt for you and your valentine.
- Ivan Kane’s Forty Deuce Lounge & Club: For a bold and racy Valentine’s date night, take a trip to a Hollywood-style nightclub and cabaret. This swanky club features a live band, a rotating stage, and talented burlesque dancers that swing from the ceiling.
We hope these ideas help you plan a unique and exciting Valentine’s Day for you and your love! You should probably still get the flowers though.
Now, a bit about Lykens Companies…
With 20 years (and counting) of experience, Lykens Companies is just getting started on its mission to offer Columbus hundreds of premier apartments, rentals, and renovations. Each day, we are driving toward constantly expanding and improving our business and bettering Columbus, the city we love. For our renters, that means that they are connected to a proven business that strives to be the best. Our success isn’t an accident. We constantly work to improve our quality in the buildings we renovate, reimagine, and rent out. For you, that means the best units and the best service in the best locations.
As we invest our time, money, and energy into the Short North, Victorian Village, Italian Village, and other parts of Columbus’s urban core, it’s good to step back and see how much we’re able to impact our city. We renovate apartments, houses, or factories like the Wonder Bread Lofts. Most recently, the Budd Dairy project: a full scale reimagining of an old dairy factory into a Cameron Mitchell food hall.
If you’re looking to rent in Columbus, Ohio’s urban core, you’ve come to the right place.
See every availability!
No matter where you’re looking for a Columbus apartment: in the Short North, Victorian Village, Italian Village, or a loft in Wonder Bread, our Available Rentals page features all these (and more). We’re constantly adding our newest properties and highlighting that month’s leasing specials. Bookmark it and check often! What if you took two minutes to browse it right now? And don’t forget about our awesome Instagram for updates, new leases, and beautiful photos.
Already a resident? Refer a friend!
At Lykens Companies, we offer a simple and easy referral program to our residents. For each referral of yours who signs a lease, we’ll pay you $200! Be sure to learn about this plan and check out our three methods to get your friends to sign a lease.